Author Topic: Doctor Who: NuWho Thread  (Read 26383 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Doctor Who: NuWho Thread
« on: November 20, 2013, 10:53:03 AM »
Capaldi!

I am so looking forward to an older Doctor. No fucking romance. Maybe Clara will die horribly. The below theory from Bleeding Cool follows on from whatever is going to happen here with the 50th... And I love the hint that we're going to be more like the Hinchcliffe era. In my opinion, that was the best era of Doctor Who. The show suddenly became this creepy, gothic, horror show that was so scary they had to do a minor soft reboot and lighten things up a bit.

Either way, we'll get a taste of Capaldi at Christmas (and it's rumored we may see him either during Day of the Doctor or playing himself playing the Doctor at the end of An Adventure in Space and Time), and then we'll have to wait till the middle of 2014 to really get into it.

Bleeding Cool's taken what we already know and made some educated guesses about the next season. First, the math on the regenerations is all confused now. Steven Moffat's still calling Capaldi's soon-to-be Doctor the 12th Doctor, but John Hurt's character is a regeneration. Which would make Capaldi the 13th regeneration and, theoretically, the "last." But now rumors are saying that Capaldi's actually going to be playing the result of what happens when the Doctor goes on past twelve regenerations, aided by the Sisters of Karn.

For Capaldi's first season, there's rumors of Frank Cottrell Boyce writing a two-episode Dalek story that'll be directed by Ben Wheatley. The whole tone for the season is said to be based on the gothic style Philip Hinchcliffe brought to the classic series when he produced it. [Bleeding Cool]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 08:27:15 AM by nacho »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: Doctor Who: Season 34 "Hoards...of...fucking...robots!"
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 05:54:30 PM »
How I love our first glimpse of Capaldi's Doctor in Day of the Doctor:

And...he's keeping his natural accent, thank god. Is fandom ready for an angry, possibly villainous Scottish Doctor?

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 12:10:01 PM »
I really hope these keep coming... Another Malcom mash-up:

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 05:07:56 PM »
Twelfth Doctor. No Waiting. Steven Moffat confirms Peter Capaldi's first season won't be split in half the whole thing will air in one uninterrupted run, starting in August 2014.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 11:31:31 AM »
From Blastr:

Peter Jackson has confirmed hes officially been in talks to direct an episode of Doctor Who.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 11:34:40 AM »
He's officially been in talks to direct for 4 years!

He's a huge fan but has never had the time. You'll get plenty of him in the "Five-Ish Doctors" anniversary special, which you'll get to view with me (sitting on my lap) after Day of the Doctor.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 04:06:02 PM »
Season 34 filming begins after New Year's...so I imagine it won't be long till we see Capaldi's costume. Always a weirdly giddy moment for the uber-fans.

Until then... The much-maligned regeneration scene!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 12:45:26 PM »
Moving Missing Episode rumors to this thread!

So -- Missing Episodes 2014!

It has now been confirmed by several involved that a commentary track for Marco Polo was completed in November. Which means, obviously, Marco Polo is on the slate. Not surprising at this point.

We also have a report on the weight of missing episodes recovered in Africa -- 3 tons. Though not all of that is Doctor Who, and it is still being painfully cataloged and restored, we're still at where we left off in the season 33 thread -- years away from knowing what could actually be recovered from the old prints.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 11:33:45 AM »
Filming has started! Here they are on set... Not a costume reveal, sadly. He's still in 11's outfit from Time of the Doctor. And, seeing it on Capaldi, I wouldn't mind if they kept that...

http://www.greatsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/5457302-high_res-doctor-who.jpeg

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 01:52:53 PM »
Confirmed: a 90 minute 8th Doctor special, "sometime in 2014." Moffatt's long said that he won't run Doctors concurrently (in response to people screaming for lost Hartnell episode redos with the AiTaS cast). Now he says he's doing this because "it was planned all along for the 50th." Um... Okay. Either way, 8th Doctor fanwank will be great for the show. And I'd love a Capaldi cameo!

We're also getting the master and the Daleks back (duh), and rumors of Draconians and more Zygons (hopefully not).

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 02:12:07 PM »
Tor's long been bemoaning the problems with NewWho... Here's another great article from them, this time focusing on River Song (as a prime example of the problem):

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/01/the-problem-with-river-song-doctor-who

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 10:54:50 AM »
I like to hear this... A die-hard classic Who fan playing a NewWho Doctor is vital, I think.

"Now we're going to give her a Doctor who's not like that at all [The Eleventh Doctor], who's a much older, fiercer, madder, less reliable Doctor, who leads her a merry dance. And she's trying to keep him a secret and she's now working in a school..."
On The Twelfth Doctor's character, Moffat comments that he will be more akin to Tom Baker and Christophe Eccleston,  being "mad and dangerous and difficult" and not a "quirky young man" like Matt Smith and David Tennant.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: Doctor Who: Season 34: The Capaldi Years
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 08:36:41 AM »
Moffatt's so evil... Tons of set pics released today from the first episode. Still no outfit reveal! Instead, it's Capaldi in his pajamas riding a horse through the streets of Victorian London.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 11:08:22 AM »
We're slowly getting leaks about the non-missing episodes recovered in the mysterious cache:

Enemy Of The World 6. Two Ambassadors eps, Marinus 6, Krotons 3.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 08:50:41 PM »
Missing episode gnues:

Currently the BBC are preparing episodes of Doctor Who for online release with no word to what or where exactly.

The Space Pirates 3 and 5 have been found in the hands of a private collector while at least one of the alleged three copies of Marco Polo resided in private hands as well.

Power of the Daleks is recovered but incomplete in parts and with some extensive but recoverable damage, The Highlanders however is in bad shape.

It's pretty much a given now that all of the 2nd Doctor's stories have been recovered in some shape or form, but the condition may be so poor on some they're as good as gone.